I think one of the biggest mistakes business make when they create an online presence is not including a blog. For some owners, blogs seem almost pointless when there are other ways to connect with customers and potential clients (such as Facebook), but they are missing out on some huge benefits.
Why Business Blog Matters
- Blogging enables you to communicate with your customers and build relationships. Sure you can send a short blurb on your company’s Facebook page about a new product or service, but wouldn’t it be better to explain in detail how this product or service can help them? Think of social media as an introduction and blogging as a conversation.
- Create a professional web site without breaking your budget. With fantastic tools like WordPress and others, you can give a great first impression without having to hire a team of coding experts.
- Highlight your achievements. Build trust and confidence with your current and potential customers by sharing your accomplishments on your blog (and be willing to share their successes too).
- Build a better business by collecting valuable customer feedback. Why go out and completely redesign or launch a service or product without at least hearing from your current customers? What do they need? How can your help them? Use your blog to get feedback and collaborate whenever possible.
- Show your passion for your business. Humanize your business by sharing your thoughts on the field without giving a sales pitch. Do you care about finding sustainable solutions? How to you feel about news topics that affect your industry? You’re a part of a community, be active.